The following pages outline current guidelines and responsibilities of what boaters should expect and are required to respect when coming to the marina or boat dealership. This guide has been adapted from the Boating Ontario Association’s ‘A guide to Responsible Social Distancing for all boaters’.
These guidelines have been put in place to protect the health and safety of our staff as well as all guests. They are subject to change and will remain in place as long as directed by our government, health care professionals and as deemed necessary by management. We encourage all boaters to regularly check government websites for current regulations.
All customers are to use hand sanitizer stations around the facility and upon entering showroom, parts store or service counter.
- Leave space between vehicles / park in every other spot where possible
- If two vehicles arrive at the same moment and park beside each other one vehicle / family waits in their vehicle while the first to arrive unloads and moves from their vehicle to their boat
Route from Vehicle to Boat
- Proceed directly to your boat fully respecting Social Distancing Loading / Unloading
- Dock carts will not be available. Staff are currently unable to assist with loading/unloading of vehicles and boats. We suggest packing bags and bins accordingly
- Boats being dropped off for service should be uncoupled from owner’s vehicle by the owner after advance arrangements for service work to be completed has been coordinated. Please call or email in advance
- Boat members are not permitted to be present for launch but boat owners are permitted by request.
Playgrounds, recreation / picnic areas, swimming pool / hot tub, laundry facilities – All will remain closed following the guidelines set forth by the Ontario government. As our situation evolves some facilities will be opened under capacity limitations and provincial directives
Garbage & Recycling
- Garbage and recycling facilities will be open daily as posted – Additional containers have been distributed across the property.
- Boaters are encouraged to use onboard facilities as much as possible.
- Private (single person) Washrooms will be open as posted; they will be closed for cleaning frequently by staff
- Shared (stall) Washrooms will have one stall open as posted; they will be closed for cleaning frequently by staff
- Boaters are encouraged to use on site facilities as much as possible.
- Showers will be available as posted; showers will be closed for cleaning frequently by staff.
Access to Parts
- Store traffic will be limited, and physical distancing measures are always to be respected. Ideally customers should call or email to discuss their needs and place their order prior to arrival. Safe ‘curbside’ area has been designated to leave parts to be picked up at agreed upon time.
Service & Repairs
- For service and repairs, please call or email us with your inquiries and requests & we will be happy to accommodate your needs.
- Customers dropping boats off for service will be advised of where boats are to be left. After your departure, our staff will move the boat to service area
Boat & Accessory Showrooms
- Accessory aisles, shelves & inventory will be regularly sanitized. Our teams will be available to discuss your needs – from a socially responsible distance and assist you with your purchases.
- Where possible virtual boat showings will be made available. We are more than happy to do a walkthrough of any boat while practicing proper social distancing. We will be limiting the number of people on the showroom floor, visits and walkthroughs will be done by appointment only. Please call ahead to book your personal showing.
- E-transfers, online payments, and credit/debit cards will be accepted for payment.
- We will not be using credit/debit machines.
- We will be discouraging cash transactions at this time.
- As per the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA), only marina staff are permitted to fill a vessel and all non-staff must be off the boat before fueling can begin. Boaters are to move away from the boat to allow safe social distancing for our fuel dock attendants.
- We encourage you to allow our staff to fill your fuel tank when we launch. Please call or email the marina to discuss your needs.
- In season, please allow our Concierge Service to take care of your fueling needs prior to your arrival or after your departure; advanced notice will allow our staff to fuel your boat a couple days ahead of your visit.
- To limit the number of boats and therefore the number of people on the docks, only one boat at a time will be allowed at the fuel dock.
- Pump-out service will be available. Marina staff are to use their keys to remove and replace the waste cap and will be the only ones handling the pump out process, except for flushing water onboard. Our staff will be wearing personal protective equipment during the procedure.
- To limit the number of boats and therefore the number of people on a dock, we will only be allowing one boat per service dock.
On & Around the Docks
Food & Drink
- All food and drink is to be consumed on your boat only. Eating or drinking on the marina property or anywhere on the docks will not be permitted. – For tips & tricks for cooking onboard, please click here.
Barbecues / Firepits
- Boaters are encouraged to use onboard cooking facilities – Barbecues will not be provided or permitted onshore.
- Firepit areas will remain closed
- Gatherings are not to take place on the docks, walkways, shore or elsewhere on the marina property.
- All marina-sponsored events will be modified or postponed.
We encourage all boaters to respect social distancing at all moments on the property and on the water. Only go boating with those in your immediate household. Sanitizing options are located throughout our property and we encourage all boaters to wash their hands / hand sanitize frequently.
The summer of 2021 presents a wonderful opportunity to get off the docks, venture out onto the water, find a new bay, cove or fishing hole and enjoy your boat. Please be mindful while you are out there – rafting multiple boats together is not recommended.
We look forward to serving you and your family and to safely continuing to take care of all your boating needs.